Tuesday, February 2, 2010

If I Could afford Help, I Could Enjoy My Children More

Okay...I'll admit it....I'm a Dr. Laura fan!  And while I understand that she is not a follower of Jesus Christ, she does have some great things to say.  I don't agree with every little thing she says, because again, she isn't a believer.  But instead of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater," I filter everything she says through the Word of God...and in the end, I find little nuggets of practical encouragement from her.

Anyway, I get emails from her website now and then.  This morning, I got an email update about a recent video she posted on her YouTube channel.  This was the description:

"Suppose you're a stay-at-home mom in a nice middle class neighborhood. While you're running after your kids, you notice that your neighbors have more time for the gym and shopping and still seem to enjoy their kids because they have some additional help. Slowly, you begin to resent your situation, and envy theirs, coming to the conclusion that 'if you only had help,' you could enjoy your children more."

It seemed to tie in with our readings in "Passionate Housewives," so I watched the video...and enjoyed it.  I thought I's share it with you all...(it's just under 4 1/2 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/drlaura 

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, this post was not a snippet from the book, "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God." :-D

    ReplyDelete